Boiler Service in Lewisham
After each installation and repair, we always recommend when to service the appliance or system, this will significantly improve the reliability and reduce the risk of a sudden boiler or gas appliance system.
At your call, we have a team of dedicated and certified boiler and heating engineers ready to service your plumbing and heating devices.
Servicing components and systems are essential in preventing sudden breakdowns or minor issues growing into significant problems, mitigating and avoiding potential issues.
Professional Boiler Service and Maintenance
Your boiler works on-demand all year round, no matter what the weather conditions. This keeps your home warm and your water hot. And just as with your car or another piece of equipment, your boiler needs routine maintenance and safety inspections in order to perform at its best.
Looking for a Gas Safe registered engineer to help your boiler work properly and as efficiently as possible?
We at Gas Boiler & Heating Repair can help you with this task. Our company provides a wide range of boiler and heating services in Lewisham. We have a team of trained and fully qualified technicians who can help you keep your boiler and heating system in excellent condition.
What services do we offer?
You can count on us to provide assistance regardless of whether your boiler just needs an annual check-up or if there is a problem that needs to be fixed. Here are the services we offer.
- Annual boiler service
- Big strip down boiler service
- Complete Gas and Electric boiler service
- Emergency boiler service (24 hours)
- Gas safety inspection checks.
Our trained and qualified local engineers in Lewisham are fully insured and are able to inspect and repair various boiler brands and types. We provide professional services in Lewisham for not just conventional boilers but also combi boilers, Vaillant and Ariston boilers as well as boilers such as Baxi, Keston, Worcester Bosch, Ideal, Glow-worm, Potterton, etc.
24 Hour Emergency Boiler service in Lewisham
Our Gas Safe registered and accredited boiler engineers are on call for you – 24/7 for all your urgent boiler servicing needs.
We offer same day service for emergency boiler repair in Lewisham. All our engineers are Gas Safe registered and fully qualified to provide services like central heating, electrical heating, and gas cooker. Our emergency service helps you in an urgent situation when your boiler breaks or your hot water or central heating system is not working.
How do you know if your boiler needs repairs? Here are a few signs it might be time to call in an expert as soon as possible.
- You are experiencing mechanical problems like a thumping or scraping noise.
- You can smell gas near your boiler or around your property.
- Your boiler is not heating to the designed temperature or the thermostat is malfunctioning.
- You notice an ignition failure when your boiler is starting.
- There is water leaking from your heating system.
Your safety should always be your first priority. So if you encounter any of the problems described above please get in touch with us and we will send you boiler experts as soon as we can. Our emergency boiler repairs services are available 24 hours.
Annual Boiler Services
Servicing your conventional or combi boiler annually is vital for the safety of your family and to ensure all your heating and hot water needs are met in an efficient, reliable manner. You can trust our team of fully trained professionals to handle this task efficiently and effectively.
This is what our comprehensive boiler service entails.
- Our first step is to visually inspect your appliance for leaks, corrosion, and other problems.
- We take the burner apart to examine it. We will check it for any cracks and defects. In addition, we will clean the burner and replace the seal before putting it back in place.
- Our technicians will take care of your boiler’s main components. We will remove any debris from the heat exchanger, as well as clean properly the condensate trap and magnetic filter.
- We will also check the condensate system to make sure no leaks are present. The boiler’s ventilation system will also be examined.
- We will evaluate the water quality and perform flue gas analysis to ensure your boiler is operating at its optimal level.
- We will also do all of the gas safety checks so you can rest assured that you and your family are secure.
By using our annual service, you will ensure that your manufacturer’s warranty remains valid. In addition to that, we provide a service warranty to make sure our customers are satisfied. It can last from three to twelve months depending on the certain situation.
One-Off Boiler services
If you think there is something wrong with your boiler and it needs to be checked quickly by a specialist then you can take advantage of our one-off boiler service. All you need to do is schedule an appointment with us and we will send you a technician on the agreed date.
We can help you whatever your request is – whether your boiler is broken, your heating system needs power flush or your radiator valves need replacement.
Before our specialist starts any work they will ask you about the problem you have. We will also thoroughly inspect your boiler by following all the steps listed in the section above (annual boiler service). Regular boiler servicing in Lewisham and nearby areas can help prevent problems, but eventually things will break down to some extent. We will also do our best to resolve your boiler problem quickly and provide you with central heating repairs at a reasonable price.
During our boiler repair process, we will make sure that your boiler is running safely and as efficiently as it should. If your boiler is not working properly, it starts putting pressure on all of the components, and if they start to fail, you may end up with leaks and holes in the boiler, and you may need a new boiler. Therefore, it is definitely worth getting it serviced not only annually, but whenever you notice a problem.
Request Your Free Quote
Gas and Electric Boiler Service
In addition to performing annual gas safety checks and gas boiler servicing, we also provide maintenance and repairs to electric boilers. Just as with a gas boiler, electric heating and hot water products require regular checking and maintenance by professional heating engineers in Lewisham.
Even though annual servicing is optional for electric boilers, it is still highly recommended. It is essential not only because it will keep the boiler running smoothly, but also as a means of keeping it safe.
You can rely on our local engineers to perform a thorough safety check, inspection and test of all your boiler’s major components. You can also call us in the event of a total boiler breakdown. Count on our dedicated team of technicians to assist you with boiler repair and keep your heating and hot water running without problems.
Gas safety inspection checks
Our company can legally carry out a gas safety inspection check at your property. Such an inspection must be done every year only by qualified gas engineers. But unlike annual boiler service which is specific to your boiler, an annual gas safety check is done to ensure that all of your gas appliances are running safely and properly.
What to expect from our gas safety check service?
- Checking the gas meter to ensure there are no gas leaks
- Checking the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detector
- Checking the operation of your boiler through a flue gas analyser
- Checking the readings and adjusting your boil if needed
- Checking the gas cooker and gas fire to ensure their safe operation.
As a professional boiler and central heating company, we are able to complete both tasks, boiler service and gas safety inspection check, in just one visit. All work will be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Our Guarantee and Accreditations
Gas Safe Registered Boiler Engineer
Our family business comprises certified gas engineers that know what they are doing. Your new hot water system and boiler installation will be in skilled hands from start to finish. If you need a replacement boiler, we can take care of that as well.
In addition to the manufacturer warranty, we offer an extended protection plan on any of our services like repairs, pipework and others which comes with a 3-12 month guarantee depending on certain factors. For more information, give us a call.
Why is it important to get your boiler serviced annually?
- To keep your boiler’s warranty valid. If your boiler is still covered by warranty, you must have it serviced. If you do not do it, your boiler warranty is null and void. Certain boiler warranties can only be claimed if you adhere to the manufacturer’s servicing instructions.
- To ensure your boiler is working at its most efficient. It is essential that your boiler works at its most efficient from an environmental as well as from an economical point of view. A faulty boiler can waste energy.
- General peace of mind. It is one of the most common reasons why people call boiler and heating professionals. You want to make sure you, your family, and your loved ones are safe. You want to make sure your boiler operates properly and safely.
- To avoid costly repairs. A boiler service should be performed annually. Even though it may seem counterintuitive to have a boiler service performed on something that is currently working perfectly, doing so can aid in the early detection of any possible problems. Thus, you will be able to avoid more higher boiler repair costs.
How much does a boiler service cost in Lewisham?
For homeowners with gas boilers, there are generally two kinds of boiler service plans available – annual boiler service and one-time boiler service. Annual boiler servicing contracts are normally priced between £80 and £250. They also cover the cost of a broken boiler diagnostic. For a one-time boiler service in the UK, you can expect to pay £80 to £180 depending on the problem you have.
There are some factors that may significantly affect the cost of the boiler service and we will list them below.
Reason for requesting boiler service
There is no specific reason as to why your boiler might need servicing. Common complaints or concerns regarding boilers are:
- boiler pressure is frequently lost
- the boiler shuts off suddenly
- there are cold spots on the radiator
- concern about boiler safety
- higher heating bills than normal
Your location. The price of boiler repair will vary depending on where you live. For big cities like London, there tend to be higher rates than in the countryside.
The number of appliances. You can save money on your total fee if you have more than one gas appliance on your property since the local gas engineer can inspect all of them at the same time.
If you want to know more about our very competitive prices or need an accurate estimate for heating service then please contact us. We are proud of our fair and transparent pricing.
Types and Boiler Brands We Work With
Throughout the years, we have worked with different hot water systems and boiler brands, both electric and gas. We continue to upgrade our know-how as newer technologies emerge on the market.
Here are some of the types and brands of boilers and appliances our Gas Safe registered engineers are familiar with and provide repairs and servicing for:
- Worcester Bosch
Why choose us for boiler servicing in Lewisham?
- We offer a wide range of boiler and heating services. We offer yearly boiler service for both gas and electric boilers, plumbing, new boiler installation and diagnostics as well as 24/7 emergency heating and boiler repairs in Lewisham and surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide our clients with the best service whenever they need it.
- We are able to deal with various boiler types and brands. Our company provides Vaillant boiler service and Worcester Bosch boiler service across the Lewisham area. We also offer maintenance and repair solutions for boilers like Ideal, Baxi, Glow-worm, Potterton, Keston, Viessmann and many others.
- We have a team of trained technicians and specialists on the Gas Safe register. We also have the necessary equipment to keep your boiler and central heating system in excellent condition. We can perform a safety check inspection and provide you with a gas safety certificate.
- Your service will be backed by a warranty. If you still have a boiler warranty left from the manufacturer, we will assist you in keeping it in force. Furthermore, we will provide you with a service warranty of three or twelve months to give you extra peace of mind. All of our work is guaranteed for this period.
- We are available 24/7 for emergency situations. We can respond quickly even at short notice if you are experiencing an emergency with your boiler or heating. Our boiler engineers will handle your boiler repair with the utmost care, ensuring it runs properly and safely.
If you are looking for heating and boiler services like boiler repairs in Lewisham do not hesitate to give us a call or fill out our contact form. The areas we currently service in London include South London, Greater London / Kent – Bromley, Beckenham, Lee, Sidcup, Lewisham, Hither Green, Chislehurst, Petts Wood, Greenwich, Croydon, Dartford, Blackheath.
Our Service Area
Our boiler service is available across all of South London and nearby regions, including but not limited to:
- Hither Green
- Petts Wood
- Croydon (including South Croydon)
- Tonbridge and Malling
If you live in a different area, like South West or East London, South East London or in the Greater London area as well as parts of Kent, and you are not sure whether we provide our services there, be sure to submit your request to us via email, our contact form or phone. Our polite personnel will give you more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Based on the law Uk your gas or oil boiler must be serviced every 12 months. This can be done only by Gas Safe registered engineers. Annual service is essential for the proper and safe work of the boiler.
Annual boiler maintenance isn’t a legal requirement for homeowners who do not rent out their properties. However, it is recommended that you carry out regular inspections of your boiler for your own peace of mind. For those who rent out their property, it is mandatory to have their gas appliances checked by a licensed Gas Safe engineer once a year.
Your boiler is best to be serviced once a year or in the event you suspect a problem. If you have a new boiler it is suggested to check it after a year. If you think your boiler is not working as it should make sure to contact professional boiler and heating engineers and we’ll make sure your boiler system is operating safely and efficiently.
Normally, boiler service includes removing, inspecting, and cleaning the main components of the boiler, such as the main burner, heat exchanger, flue ways, and ignition electrodes. The professional conducting this service will ensure that the equipment is fit for the job and free from noticeable defects.
You are not legally obligated to get your boiler serviced before selling your home. However, there’s no denying that it’s a fantastic selling pitch. A well-functioning boiler can undoubtedly increase the value of your home, as it might become costly for a buyer if it has not been properly maintained.
Yes, in the UK, landlords are liable for maintaining and repairing the boiler, the central heating system, the pipes, etc.
In addition to putting your boiler at risk, neglecting to service it on a yearly basis also puts your family’s and your home’s safety at risk. Your boiler may become less efficient, consuming more energy, and being more likely to fail.
Looking for More Information on Gas and Heating Services?
If you can’t find the information you came for, get in touch with us today and ask away. You can request a visit from our gas and experienced engineers in Lewisham. If you have other issues with your heating installation, we also offer central heating services, underfloor heating, boiler installations, emergency plumbing, drains and blockages service, gas safety checks and inspections and affordable boiler repair.
Get a Quote
Here at Gas Boiler & Heating Repair, we are focused on providing our customers with top-notch workmanship and excellent customer service. The standard for us is excellence and we strive to uphold the integrity of the company.