Boiler Repair in Croydon
Is your old or new boiler no longer working? Sometimes a minor adjustment is all that is required to solve a major issue or a boiler breakdown.
Before we do any work for a customer, we diagnose the problem to avoid any unnecessary costs. To investigate the problem, we employ cutting-edge technology which helps us provide our clients with the best electric or gas boiler service possible.
Then, our estimators and engineers collaborate to find the best solution for your specific situation. We provide fixed-price for our services.
Professional Boiler Repairs
People tend to take their boilers and heating systems for granted until something goes wrong. This is not only an inconvenient but also costly occurrence, not to mention the stress and anxiety it causes.
Before you panic, let us assure you that our family-owned company may be able to assist you. We offer competitive prices that we like to communicate upfront so you know exactly what you’re getting.
So, if you’re dealing with a problem that’s beyond your scope of knowledge, give us a call and we’ll schedule an electric or gas boiler repair service for you. The rest will be taken care of by us. You won’t have to look for replacement parts or worry about other aspects of the job.
When our fully trained and licensed heating engineers arrive at your property, you can be confident that you are getting the best service possible, whether that is repairing, replacing, or boiler servicing.
Same Day Emergency 24 hour Boiler Repair
What You Get from Our Boiler Repairs in Croydon
- In short, here’s what our heating and boiler services include:
- Excellent service provided on short notice
- In London, there are diagnostic and fault-finding solutions.
- Quote with a set or fixed price
- Transperant and upfront pricing – no hidden costs.
- Our local engineers provide services 24/7
- Professionals who are experienced, fully insured, and Gas Safe (previously Corgi) registered
- Extended safety precautions and a gas safety check
- Our boiler services are guaranteed for 3 to 12 months
- Quick response in times of emergency
Our Guarantee and Accreditations
Gas Safe Registered Boiler Engineer Croydon
Our family company is made up of certified gas engineers in Croydon who know what they’re doing. From start to finish, your new hot water system and boiler installation will be in capable hands. We can also provide a replacement boiler if necessary.
In addition to the manufacturer’s warranty, we offer an extended protection plan on all of our boiler services, including repairs, pipework, annual service and others, with a guaranteed warranty period of 3-12 months depending on certain factors. For more information, please contact a Gas Safe registered engineer at Gas Boiler and Heating Repair LTD.
Types and Boiler Brands We Repair
We’ve worked with a variety of hot water systems and boiler brands, both electric and gas, over the years. As newer technologies enter the market, we continue to improve our knowledge.
Here are some of the types and brands of boilers and appliances our Gas Safe registered engineers are experienced with and provide repairs and boiler servicing for:
Request Your Free Quote
- Worcester Bosch – One of the leading boiler manufacturers in London, Worcester Bosch is known for its heating products. If you need diagnosis or repair services, we will be happy to help.
- Vaillant – For a Vaillant boiler repair Croydon and South Croydon, you can count on our timely and friendly service. We can address issues related to conventional vented boilers, system and combi boilers.
- Ideal – All our engineers are capable of providing an emergency boiler repair service for Ideal boilers as well.
- Baxi – If you are interested in Baxi boiler repairs in Croydon, we will gladly give you a helping hand, from heat-only to combi.
- Glow-worm – Are you on the lookout for Glow-worm boiler repairs in Croydon? Look no further – call us and request a free quote. At our company, our boiler experts are authorised to repair Glow-worm models including the likes of heat-only boilers, system and combi boilers.
- Potterton – If you need assistance with Potterton combi boilers, whether annual maintenance, repair services in Croydon, fix boiler breakdowns or get a Potterton boiler installed – we can do it all. We will send a team of gas safe registered engineers to your property to examine the central heating system and provide you with the best and most affordable solutions.
- Keston – Some of you in Croydon are looking for Keston boiler repairs. We have also serviced Keston models in the past. Your broken boiler will be repaired as soon as possible.
- Ariston – If you need an Ariston boiler repair in Croydon, don’t hesitate to contact us. We service both standard and combi boilers.
- Main. As a subsidiary of Baxi, Main boiler and central heating products are reliable for both commercial and residential applications. If you have one of these installed within your property, you need an excellent service to keep them functioning at their best. That’s why you should request our boiler and heating services in Croydon.
- Ferroli. We can provide an annual inspection or an emergency boiler repair for any Ferroli model.
- Vokera. When you own a Vokera boiler, you may encounter a variety of problems. We’ve come to investigate the issue and re-ignite the heating system.
- Biasi. If your Biasi boiler has a problem, our gas engineers will assist you in restoring heating and hot water as soon as possible.
- Alpha. Take advantage of our service if you require boiler repairs or heater repairs for Alpha boilers. We will keep your home warm by repairing its most important component.
- Ravenheat is an independent manufacturer of high-efficiency condensing boilers and combi boilers. If you have a broken down boiler from this company, we will gladly provide any repairs you require via our boiler repair services.
- Viessmann. If you own a model of this brand, please do not hesitate to use our boiler and heating services at any time of year. We understand how these models work and can resolve any existing issues.
Our Service Area
Our boiler repair service is available across all of South London and nearby regions, including but not limited to:
- Hither Green
- Petts Wood
- South Croydon
- Tonbridge and Malling
- CR0, CR9, CR44, CR90 Croydon
- CR2 South Croydon
- CR3 Caterham and Whyteleafe
- CR4 Mitcham
- CR5 Coulsdon
- CR6 Warlingham
- CR7 Thornton Heath
- CR8 Purley and Kenley
Our services are available outside of the Croydon area as well. If you live in a different area in South London such as East London, South East London or anywhere else in South London, and you are not sure whether we provide our services there, be sure to submit your request to us via email, our contact form or phone. Our polite personnel will give you more details about any boiler servicing in Croydon and the nearby areas.
Common Boiler Repair Problems
Our fully qualified engineers have tackled a host of gas repairs and boiler repairs in the past. Here are some of the most frequent boiler faults they have experienced and fixed.
You know that sound that kettles make when they’re filled with boiling water? If your boiler is making banging noises, it is working harder than usual to heat the water. The reason is straightforward. Water contains calcium, magnesium, and other minerals that can solidify into limescale, especially hard water.
When limescale accumulates, it forms a coating on the pipes, which can occasionally obstruct water flow. This causes a new boiler to work harder, hence the noises. Our gas and heating engineers are well-versed in this issue and know how to deal with it.
Conventional boilers can leak from a variety of locations for a variety of reasons. It could be the result of a corroded heat exchanger, loose joints, corroded pipes, loose joints, and so on. Before addressing the issue, the technician must first identify the cause and trace the dripping back to its source.
The thermostat in your boiler system is an important component of the machine that helps to keep the temperature at the desired setpoint. If it’s not working properly, you’ll notice that the water isn’t as hot as you need it to be or that the heating in your home switches on and off at random. When a thermostat fails, the first step is to ensure that the proper settings are in place. If the problem turns out to be something else, the thermostat may need to be replaced.
Another common issue is the inability of the boiler to heat the water. This problem can be caused by a number of factors, including a faulty valve, a clogged heat exchanger, or a faulty pilot light. If you encounter such a problem, you should have one of our Gas Safe registered engineers inspect the area and determine the root cause.
The circulation of water in the boiler is made possible by high pressure. When there is a lack of water pressure in the system, it does not function properly. There could be a leak or something else going on. We are here for you, equipped with the best tools and ready to restore hot water flow in an efficient manner, regardless of the type of central heating repairs you require.
Condensate pipes are commonly used in newer models to eliminate waste gas. As outdoor temperatures drop during the winter, the risk of your condensate pipe freezing increases. This error will be displayed on the interface of modern devices. If this is the case, the pipe must be heated and defrosted.
This is typically a problem with older models that require a pilot light to ignite. If the light keeps going out, the thermocouple may be faulty. Overall, you should consult with a qualified specialist.
If the system will not ignite, you may be dealing with an electrical problem. Check that your boiler system is properly connected. You should also look at other appliances in the house. If neither of them turns on, you should call an electrician to inspect the problem further and perform any necessary electrical work.
This is a problem if some of your radiators suddenly stop getting as hot as they should. Do you notice any cold patches as you run your hand across the surface? Is the radiator at the bottom cold? This means that the heat is not being distributed evenly as a result of sludge buildup or an excess of air within the devices.
FAQ on Emergency Boiler Repairs
We strive to be as quick as possible. Given that you are in an emergency, our gas and heating engineers will usually try to visit you the same day you call.
It’s difficult to say because every job is different. The diagnostic will take between 20 and 45 minutes on average. Large-scale repairs may take longer to complete.
If you want to know how much your faulty boiler repair will cost, contact us and request a quote. The more information you provide, the more accurate the estimate. We have no hidden fees to worry about because we provide transparent pricing.
Without a doubt. We can repair various boiler types regardless of age, and we always strive to provide a first-rate service. However, keep in mind that if the appliance is more than ten years old, we may not be able to find replacement parts. This is determined by the heating suppliers and manufacturers.
Most new boilers function well for 10-15 years as long as they are taken care of. If you have your boiler serviced on a yearly basis, this can help extend its lifespan and keep it working at maximum efficiency.
If the season isn’t unusually colder than usual, and if your area’s electric rates haven’t been raised, but you’re still getting high electric bills, there could be a problem with the entire system. A more thorough investigation is required to identify a faulty component.
It will take longer for your radiators to heat up if they have cold spots. They may require internal cleaning, in which case a power flush will be most beneficial.
Looking for More Information on Gas and Heating Services?
If you can’t find the information you came for, get in touch with us today and ask away. You can request a visit from our gas and heating engineers in London right away. If you have other issues around the house, don’t forget that we also offer central heating services, boiler installations, emergency plumbing, drains and blockages service, gas safety checks and inspections.
Get a Quote
Here at Gas Boiler & Heating Repair, we are focused on providing our customers with top-notch workmanship and excellent customer service. The standard for us is excellence and we strive to uphold the integrity of the company.