Boiler Repair in Wandsworth
Has your old or new boiler stopped working? Sometimes all that is needed to resolve a big boiler breakdown is a minor tweak.
Before we provide any work to a customer, we diagnose the issue to prevent all unnecessary costs. Our heating engineers use up-to-date technology to analyse the issue.
Then, our teams of estimators and engineers work together to determine the most viable solution for your unique case. Plus, everything comes at fixed pricing.
Professional Boiler Repair Wandsworth
People tend to take their boiler and heating systems for granted until the moment there is some sort of malfunction. This is not only an inconvenience but also a costly occurrence; not to mention the stress and anxiety that come with it.
Before you panic, let us tell you that our family-run business may be able to help. We offer competitive prices that we like to communiacate upfront so you know what you are settling for.
So, if you are faced with an issue that is out of your expertise, give us a call and book an electric or gas boiler repair service. Our Gas Safe registered engineers (previously Corgi) will take care of the rest. You don’t have to look for parts or worry about other aspects of the job.
24 Hour Emergency Boiler Repair in Wandsworth SW18
Our Gas Safe registered and accredited boiler engineers are on call for you – 24/7 for all your urgent boiler repair needs.
We know how frustrating it is when you experience a boiler emergency or an urgent boiler breakdown on you and you don’t have the slightest idea when it’s going to be fixed. An emergency plumber or a gas safe registered engineer is usually booked in advance, which leaves little to no room for emergencies. But emergencies do happen.
No worries. We won’t leave you behind when you most need it. With our emergency boiler repair in the Wandsworth area, you can rest assured your boiler problems will be tackled on the same day, no strings attached. We keep certain boiler parts in stock so that we can use them in emergencies like this. It means that as we leave your property, your central heating and boiler will be working to a “T”.
Plus, all our boiler and heating engineers can inspect your boiler central heating installation in more depth because they have access to manufacturer support services and guides. This facilitates diagnosis and helps to fix the underlying issues much quicker.
In addition to providing electric and gas boiler repairs and replacement parts, our gas engineers offer annual boiler servicing and power flushing for your heating system, making sure your boilers and radiators work properly with no cold spots. We will go above and beyond to resolve the issue rather than offer boiler replacement straight away. However, if it is more efficient for you to not repair boiler breakdowns, we can handle the new boiler installation for you.
What You Get from Boiler Repairs
- High quality service at short notice
- Diagnostic and fault finding solutions
- Same day service
- Competitive pricing – Fixed price quote
- Reliable service
- Fast response, 24/7 services
- Experienced, fully insured and Gas Safe registered engineers
- Kind staff
- Extended protection plan and gas safety check
Our Guarantee and Accreditations
Gas Safe Registered Heating Engineers
Our family business comprises certified plumbing and heating engineers that know what they are doing. Your new hot water system and boiler installation will be in the hands of highly skilled engineers from start to finish. If you need a replacement boiler, we can take care of that as well.
In addition to the manufacturer warranty, our boiler repair engineer offers an extended protection plan on any of our heating and boiler services like repairs, pipework and others which comes with a 3-12 month guarantee depending on certain factors. For more information, give us a call and our local engineers will answer all your questions.
Types and Boiler Brands We Work With
Throughout the years, we have worked with different hot water systems and boiler brands, both electric and gas. We continue to upgrade our know-how as newer technologies emerge on the market.
Here are some of the types and brands of appliances all our engineers are familiar with and provide repairs and boiler repairs servicing for:
Request Your Free Quote
- Worcester Bosch – One of the leading boiler manufacturers in London, Worcester Bosch is known for its heating products. If you need diagnosis or Worcester boiler repair services, we will be happy to help.
- Vaillant – For a Vaillant boiler repair, you can count on our timely and friendly service. We can address issues related to conventional vented boilers, system and combi boilers.
- Ideal – Our emergency boiler repair service also provides coverage for Ideal boilers.
- Baxi – If you are interested in Baxi boiler repairs, we will gladly give you a helping hand, from heat-only to combi boiler.
- Glow-worm – Are you on the lookout for Glow-worm boiler repairs in Greenwich? Look no further than our company. We are authorised to repair Glow-worm models including the likes of heat-only boilers, system and combi boilers, and more.
- Potterton – If you need assistance with Potterton combi boilers, whether annual boiler service, gas boiler maintenance or repair services in Wandsworth, get in touch with us. We will send a team of Gas Safe plumbing and heating engineers to your property to examine the system and provide the best solutions.
- Keston – Some of you are looking for Keston boiler repairs. We have experience servicing Keston models as well. Your broken boiler will be attended to in no time.
- Ariston – Don’t hesitate to book our very efficient service if you need an Ariston boiler repair. We cover regular and combi boilers alike.
- Viessmann. If you have a model of this brand, do not hesitate to use our boiler and heating services throughout the year. We know how these models operate and we can fix any existing issues.
- Main. Being a part of Baxi, Main boiler and central heating products are trusted for both commercial and residential uses. If you have one of these installed within your property, you need excellent service to keep them functioning at their best. That’s why you should avail of our boiler and heating services.
- Ferroli. Whether you need a yearly inspection or an emergency boiler repair for a Ferroli model, we can provide it.
- Vokera. As with any brand, when you have a Vokera boiler, you might run into different issues. We are here to scrutinise the problem and reignite the heating system.
- Biasi. If your Biasi boiler has run into an issue, our Gas Safe engineers will help you restore the heating and hot water as soon as possible.
- Alpha. Whether you need boiler repairs or heater repairs to Alpha boilers, just take advantage of our service. We will keep your home warm by fixing its most integral part.
- Ravenheat – This is an independent provider that manufactures high-efficiency condensing boilers and combi boilers. If you own a broken down boiler of this company, we will gladly provide any repairs you need through our boiler repair services.
Our Service Area
In addition to boiler repair services in Wandsworth and Wandsworth Common, our boiler and heating engineers provide an affordable boiler repair service is available across all of South London and nearby regions, including:
- Hither Green
- Petts Wood
- Croydon (including South Croydon)
- Tonbridge and Malling
If you live in a different area, like South, South West London, South East London or Greater London, and you are not sure whether we provide our services there, be sure to submit your request to us via email, our contact form or phone. Our polite personnel will give you more details.
Common Boiler Repairs in Wandsworth area
Our fully qualified boiler repair engineers have tackled a host of gas repairs and boiler repairs in the past. Here are the most common boiler faults our Gas Safe registered engineers have successfully addressed.
Do you know that sound kettles make when there is boiling water inside? If your boiler makes banging noises, it means it’s working harder than usual in order to heat the water. The reason is simple. Water, especially hard water, contains calcium, magnesium, and other minerals that can solidify into limescale.
When limescale builds up, it creates a coating on the pipes that can sometimes obstruct the water flow. This makes a new boiler work extra hard, hence the noises. Our gas and heating engineers are well acquainted with this issue and know how to handle it.
Sometimes boilers can leak from different places and the reasons vary. It could be due to a corroded heat exchanger, loose joints, corroded pipes, loose joints, etc. Before the boiler problem is addressed, the technician needs to identify the cause and trace back the dripping to its source.
The thermostat of your boiler system is a crucial part of the machine that helps to maintain the temperature to the desired setpoint. If it’s not working properly, you will find that the water isn’t as hot as you need it or that the heating around your home is turning on and off randomly.
When the thermostat is malfunctioning, the first step is to check whether the correct settings are in place. If it turns out to be a different issue, the thermostat might have to be replaced.
Another common boiler problem is the boiler’s inability to heat the water. There are many issues that can lead to this issue such as a faulty valve, blocked heat exchanger, or a faulty pilot light. If you are faced with such an issue, you should let our gas safe registered engineers inspect the area and detect the cause.
The circulation of water in the boiler works thanks to high pressure. When there is low water pressure within the system, it doesn’t function well. There may be a leak or a problem with the pressure relief valve or something else might be going on. No matter the type of central heating repairs you need, our local plumber is here for you, equipped with the best tools and ready to restore hot water flow in an efficient manner.
Newer models typically use condensate pipes to eliminate waste gas. During the winter season, as outdoor temperatures drop, it increases the risk of your condensate pipe freezing. Modern devices will display this error on the interface. If this is the case, the faulty pipe will have to be warmed up and defrosted.
This is usually an issue with older models that need a pilot light to ignite. If the light keeps turning off, it may be that the thermocouple is faulty. All things considered, you should check with a qualified specialist.
If the system won’t ignite, it could be an electrical issue you are dealing with. Make sure your boiler system is connected properly. You also want to check out other appliances around the home. If they don’t power on either, you should get an electrician to inspect the issue further and provide any electrical work as necessary.
If some of your radiators suddenly stop getting as hot as they should, this is an issue. Can you feel cold patches as you run your hand through the surface? Or is the radiator cold at the bottom? This means the heat is not evenly distributed as a result of sludge build-up or too much air within the devices.
Frequently Asked Boiler Repair Questions
We strive to be as fast as we can. In most cases, our gas and heating engineers will do their best to visit you and provide same day service, given that you are in an emergency.
It’s hard to tell as every job is unique. On average, the diagnostic will take between 20 and 45 minutes. Large-scale repairs may need more time to complete.
If you want to know how much your faulty boiler repair will cost, you need to get in touch with us and ask for a quote. The more details you provide, the more accurate the estimate will be. We do not have any hidden fees to worry about as we offer transparent pricing. We cannot provide an exact and reasonable price as boiler repair costs vary depending on the type of boiler breakdown problem.
Of course. We can repair different boiler types regardless of their age and we always work hard to deliver a class service. However, you should keep in mind that we may not be able to find parts for certain appliances if they are 10+ years old. This depends on the heating suppliers and manufacturers themselves.
Most new boilers function well for 10-15 years as long as they are taken care of. If you have your boiler serviced on a yearly basis, this can help extend its lifespan.
If the season isn’t unusually colder than what you are used to getting and if the electric rates in your area have not been raised but you are still getting high electric bills, there may be a problem with the entire system. Further investigation is needed to detect a malfunctioning part.
If your radiators have cold spots, they will take longer to heat up. They may need cleaning on the inside, in which case a power flush will be most beneficial.
Looking for More Information on Gas and Heating Services?
If you can’t find the information you came for, get in touch with us today and ask away. You can request a visit from our gas and heating engineers in Wandsworth right away.
If you have other issues around the house, don’t forget that we also offer central heating service, boiler installations, emergency plumbing and heating, drains and blockages service, gas safety checks and inspections (gas pressure and gas leaks detection).
If you experience emergency boiler breakdowns, our qualified engineers and local boiler engineers and plumbers provide boiler repairs 24/7 throughout the year at a competitive price.
Get a Quote
Here at Gas Boiler & Heating Repair, we are focused on providing our customers with top-notch workmanship and excellent customer service. The standard for us is excellence and we strive to uphold the integrity of the company.